By: Jason Jaksetic
Brussels sprouts are a powerhouse of goodness. Browse any literature on this cruciferous vegetable and you will likely find mention of its use for cancer prevention. Brussels sprouts can positively influence your body’s detox system, antioxidant system, and inflammatory system with its vast array of antioxidants, glucosinolates, and vitamins. Garlic makes good things better! Mix in some fresh minced garlic to bring out the beefy taste of brussels sprouts.
- 1 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and peel away any loose, yellowed, or damaged outer leaves. Slice off the bottom stubs of sprouts and half them lengthwise.
- Steam sprouts for 5-10 minutes by boiling them in an inch of water.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast 30-35 minutes, stirring once or twice, until deep golden brown. Sprouts should be crisp on outside and tender inside. Serve warm.